Thursday, October 29, 2009

OPTIONS and Impact

We all have options to give money where we like: church, museums, not-for-profits, etc. My OPTIONS class number four had the opportunity to give money as a group. That is what I love about Women’s Fund. It takes all the money we give, pools it all together and gives it where it is needed.

Our group had $3,500.00 that we chose to give to Planned Parenthood, Hawthorne Community Center, Girls Inc., the Julian Center and the OPTIONS Scholarship Fund. I could have given a donation to each of these groups initially but my small gift probably would not make as big as an impact as the bigger gift we gave as a group. Don’t get me wrong... in today’s economic time, any donations are welcome. I know that giving money to Women’s Fund makes an impact that I cannot make alone.

There are now nine OPTIONS classes, each having the opportunity to give money to various organizations. It is amazing when we see the difference we have made in the community. If you are in OPTIONS or an alumni of the group think about the impact your donations will make. A little bit of money can go along way!

No comments:

Post a Comment