Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolving to Make a Difference

It is almost 2010, so I am reflecting on what I was doing ten years ago, as the world anticipated what might come with Y2K. That same year, Women's Fund celebrated our first year of grantmaking. Ten years later, we have granted a total of over $3.2 million to 89 central Indiana organizations. Ten years later, we have impacted many women and girls in the community, thanks to thousands of donors, philanthropists empowered to improve conditions for women and girls through our permanent endowment.

While I've always cared about helping others, in ten years, I have grown my knowledge of how I can help the community I am a part of, through volunteering my time, serving in leadership positions, my career, and giving my charitable dollars.
There are many great causes to support... as an individual, sometimes it is difficult to navigate these options! This is why I enjoy being a part of civic organizations helping me focus my efforts (that's me during a service project with one group). This is why I also appreciate being part of Women's Fund, where we are an expert resource on issues impacting women and girls in our community, and on philanthropy education for women and children.

As we head into the new year, I'm excited to think about what 2010 - and the next ten years - will bring for me, for Women's Fund, and for women and girls in our community.
I ask what I can do to help make this next year even better for myself and the community? In this time of resolutions, planning for the future, and reflecting on the past, I also encourage you to learn more about community needs and how you can help. What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment